Playing for dogs is no different than playing for humans. It’s a good mental break, good physical activity, a good stress reliever. Physically, mentally, and emotionally, it’s healthy.
Whether chasing a ball in the yard or attending a structured class, exercise or play is vital in helping dogs expend pent-up energy. Without that outlet they may show behavioral problems that can range from destructive tendencies to attention-seeking antics.
SPAY and NEUTER information
Reasons To Spay/Neuter
LONG TERM BENEFITS OF SPAYING
- If spayed before the first heat cycle, your pet has a less than 1 percent chance of developing breast cancer
- If spayed after one heat cycle, your pet has an 8 percent chance of developing breast cancer
- If spayed after two heat cycles, the risk increases to 26 percent
- Eliminates the threat of ovarian and uterine cancer
- Eliminates unnecessary pregnancies
LONG TERM BENEFITS OF NEUTERING
- Eliminates the threat of testicular cancer, the second most common tumor in male dogs.
- Greatly reduces the risk of prostate cancer and prostatitis
- Reduces the risk of perianal tumors
- Eliminates unwanted litters
Neutering Your Pet Does NOT:
- Cause laziness or hyperactivity
- Reduce its instinct to protect your family and home
- Postpone or delay normal behavior maturity
- Change its personality in any manner
More than 4 million pets are euthanized in the U.S. animal shelters each year only because they have no home. Many are puppies and kittens less than 6 months of age. Help prevent this loss of life. Spay and Neuter your pet.